International Symposium on Highly Efficient Accelerators and Reconfigurable Technologies (HEART 2021)
Keynote 1: Large-scale combinatorial optimization in real-time systems by FPGA-based accelerators for simulated bifurcation Kosuke Tatsumura, Chief Research Scientist, Corporate Research and Development Center, Toshiba Corporation
Keynote 2: Portable high-performance Python on CPUs, GPUs, and FPGAs Torsten Hoefler, ETH Zurich
In addition, we will have three special sessions on current hot topics:
Special Session 1: FPGAs for HPC: Open Challenges for Infrastructure and System Operation
Chairs: Kentaro Sano (RIKEN), Tomohiro Ueno (RIKEN)
Special Session 2: High-performance Computing: Open Challenges as a Result of the Growing User-Hardware Gap
Chairs: Holger Fröning (Universität Heidelberg), Felix Zahn (CERN)
Special Session 3: Mobile Systems / Edge Computing / Internet of Things
Chairs: Smail Niar (Universityé Polytechnique Hauts-de-France), Ihsen Alouani (Universityé Polytechnique Hauts-de-France)
To facilitate informal discussions between participants we will provide an interactive Gather.town space to socialize in the conference breaks.
The International symposium on Highly Efficient Accelerators and Reconfigurable Technologies (HEART) is a forum to present and discuss new research on computing systems utilizing acceleration technology. The main theme of HEART is achieving high efficiency with accelerators, which is of utmost importance across a wide spectrum of computing systems. In the high performance computing and data center domains, high efficiency mostly relates to performance, while in the mobile and IoT space research communities think about accelerators more from a power/energy perspective.
The eleventh edition of HEART will take place as a virtual conference. The symposium will be held from June 21–23 2021.
- 2021-06-24 HEART'22 will be held at University of Tsukuba.
- 2021-06-23 The best paper award for HEART'21 is awarded to Jieming Xu and Miriam Leeser for their paper Accelerating Matrix Processing for MIMO Systems
- 2021-06-14 The registration portal is open now. You can register now to attend the event.
- 2021-06-11 We have to delay the opening of the registration site approximately to Tuesday, 15 June.
- 2021-06-05 Announcing that HEART'21 will be a free event, call for participation is published
- 2021-06-05 Conference program is now available.
- 2021-06-02 Announced keynote by Torsten Hoefler on Portable high-performance Python on CPUs, GPUs, and FPGAs
- 2021-04-06 Announced keynote by Kosuke Tatsumura on Large-scale combinatorial optimization in real-time systems by FPGA-based accelerators for simulated bifurcation
- 2021-03-31 Third special session on "FPGAs for HPC: Open Challenges for Infrastructure and System Operation" announced
- 2021-03-23 Two special sessions announced
- 2021-03-15 Extended deadlines
- 2021-02-04 Confirmed all submission related deadlines
- 2020-12-13 Preliminary call for papers